SECURITY BODY SCANNER
Safety .... it takes just a few seconds
Intrusive whole body, clothing or body cavities searches of a suspect can involve
local or federal legal representatives, security and medical personnel and possibly
a trip to a medical facility. All these activities take a lot of time. The Soter
RS body-scanner can undertake whole body, clothing or body searches within 10
(In the ancient times when a leader had freed or saved a city from oppression,
siege, taxes etc., one way of revering him whilst still alive was to give him
the title “Soter". RS stands for reveal scanning.)
Metal detectors are used for passenger screening. The metal detectors used on
passengers cannot detect non metallic objects hidden under clothes, in natural
cavities or within the human body. These typically non-detectable items such
as narcotics, explosives, precious stones and diamonds, plastic weapons, electronic
and video equipment or other contraband can only be detected by highly intrusive
total body searches.
The Soter RS is the best solution to finding everything hidden in or outside
the human body within a short time.
The operating principle of the Soter RS is based on the use of a very narrow
co-limited x-ray beam. The exposure is read by a highly sensitive linear multi
element semiconductor detector, which sends its output to a proprietary software
interpolation and enhancement process. The exposure dose for the passenger is
less than 3 microsieverts.
The result is a detailed full height, high resolution image on the operator's
workstation within 10 seconds.
The Soter RS advantages:
The Soter RS detects:
- Full body scan within 10 seconds
- No controversial privacy issues
- Detect contraband in and on the human body with one scan
- Head to toe image
- No need for strip searches
- Significant upgrade of the security tasks
- Dangerous objects made of both inorganic materials - Guns, knives, detonators, electronics, jewels, minerals and metals
- Organic Materials:
- Plastic explosives, drugs
- Smuggling of contraband hidden in the natural cavities of the body.
- Number of elements in the image 2678 x 1200
- Time of scanning 10 seconds
- Contrast resolution 1%
- Space resolution 102 mm low contrast items and 0.15mm high contrast
- 2kW, 220V, 60 HZ, 13 Amp
- Anode voltage - 100-160 kV
- Tube current - 2.4 to 3.5mA
- Water cooled
- 24 hours operational time
- Mounted on the floor
- Solid frame construction (Vandalism proof)
- Emission per scan <2.5 microsieverts
- The radiation of one scan is equivalent to approximately half a day
of exposure to naturally occurring background radiation nor 40-60 minutes flight
- Operator will not be exposed to radiation
- Training on how to operate the Soter Rs takes less than 1 hour.
- For recognising the contraband the operator will join a one day training.
- 26m 2
Your partner in the fight against terrorism and drugs.
5308 Jupiter Hills Court
E-mail: john.shannon (at) odsecurity.com